Here are two creative ways you can reach out to your fans, community, network, etc. Both services are FREE to use, and if you think through how to implement these tools into your promotions and marketing plan, you should see some really positive results.
1. www.blogtalkradio.com – Create a live radio broadcast – speak to your fans, conduct interviews, hold a press conference, etc.
2. www.blogtv.com – Create a live video broadcast – interact with your fans, schedule a live show, bring your fans into the studio, take them on the road with you on tour, etc. Really cool feature is that your fans can chat in real time with each other as they watch your broadcast, the text box appears below the screen. You can schedule your broadcasts so fans know when to watch your “show”.
here are my two cents on ways you can use these tools:
- take your friends, family, fans on tour with you using blogtv.com, schedule a “tour check in” at a designated time so fans know when to log on and watch.
- schedule a press conference using blogtalkradio.com, this can be helpful when scheduling across different timezones.
- bring your fans into the studio with you, it’s like reality TV!! (please no drama…)
- DJ’s create your own live mix show using blogtalkradio.com
At minimum, just check out these sites, play around with it, and see if you get inspired to use the services. It definitely can come off as corny if not planned and executed correctly, you should probably go through some test runs before promoting to a live audience.
(special thanks to CLuna for the tip)