I’m putting a timeline and checklist together for album/project releases, makes my life easier to be organized.
Here’s The list I came up with so far in regards to what promo materials you should have ready BEFORE (like two months before), the album is released:
– promo mix (top 5-7 songs from album mixed by a DJ for media promo)
- social networking profiles current and consistent (myspace, facebook, imeem)
- blog up and running, consistent with profiles
- press photos
- one sheet
- Industry Quotes for one-sheet
- album promo copies (set aside minimum 100 to give away to press, industry folks, DJ’s etc)
- music video(s) -
- radio edits of singles
- promo flyers (for blog and album)
- business cards
Am I forgetting anything?? Holler.